School governors are members of a school’s Governing Body. They have responsibility for raising school standards through their three key roles:
- providing strategic leadership
- holding the Headteacher to account for the performance of pupils and the performance management of staff
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
At Hillview School, the Full Governing Body is supported by two committees:
- Resources – responsible for overseeing the school budget and anything related to the budget (e.g building, maintenance and staff recruitment)
- Standards & Curriculum – responsible for ensuring that the school follows the National and School Curriculum; that academic and behaviour standards are met and improved; that monitoring and evaluation takes place; and that the special educational needs of children are met.
In addition, some Governors have taken lead roles in monitoring certain aspects, such as Health and Safety, or PE.
Governors also attend school events and activities, eg Parents Evening, or Tea & Toast.
If you wish to contact the governors to ask a question, raise a concern/complaint or to give positive feedback please contact Mrs Candida Spedding, Chair of Governors via